Eclipse 3.2 port (java/eclipse32)

David Sledge dsledge at appriss.com
Sat Nov 4 23:02:48 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Kabaev [mailto:kabaev at gmail.com]
Sent: Sat 11/4/2006 2:30 PM
To: Thomas Gellekum
Cc: freebsd-java at freebsd.org; freebsd-eclipse at freebsd.org; David Sledge
Subject: Re: Eclipse 3.2 port (java/eclipse32)

> On 04 Nov 2006 16:34:24 +0100
> Thomas Gellekum <Thomas.Gellekum at gmx.de> wrote:

>> I'm using WITH_MOZILLA=firefox, WITH_GECKO=firefox.
>>

> Hmm, I think eclipse port hardcodes $(LOCALBASE)/include/mozilla into
> Makefiles and is unable to find mozilla headers. Install mozilla
> package and everything should build. Arguably, this is a port
> shortcoming.

> --
> Alexander Kabaev

Ok, I just fixed the static mozilla references in the post-patch-plugins-swt-gtk-make_freebsd.mak patch file. I will upload the new shar file to the server Monday morning. I don't have access to the server right now. Eclipse still does not run properly when compiled against firefox (1.5.0_07). It will compile with WITH_MOZILLA=firefox but eclipse will crash during runtime when it trys to display the JavaDoc when a keyword like String is hovered over in the editor. Maybe this is fixed with the new version of firefox (2.0_1). I am upgrading to it now and will test against it as soon as its ready.