Still having the same Tomcat problem

Richard Cooper ric at jonnycalcutta.com
Tue May 30 05:57:41 PDT 2006

Virgil Champlin wrote:
> What does
>
> sockstat | grep 8005
>
> say?  I haven't seen your previous posts so forgive me if you've
> answered this.  -virgil

It returns nothing.

netstat -a also shows nothing running on that port - and also shows that
ipv6 isn't running on the machine (which appears to be the common cause
of this error).

Also this is an SMP machine, but I have already sorted that problem with
"-XX:+UseMembar".

I've had Tomcat running before on FreeBSD 4.x and 5.x, using the JDK1.5
(or 1.4) port - it always takes a bit of work but any errors I get there
are well documented.

I hope you don't mind me ccing this to the list - it might be useful.

Thanks
Richard