jdk15 from update5 sources

Arne H. Juul arnej at pvv.ntnu.no
Mon May 8 13:19:45 UTC 2006

On Sat, 6 May 2006, Panagiotis Astithas wrote:

> The most important thing however is that if this is a correct interpretation
> of the situation, then the posted patches cannot be used, since AFAICT they
> were created against JIUL-licensed sources.

since the source code I looked at is released under *both* JRL and JIUL I
don't think this is a problem if you want to work under either of those
licenses.  I'm not sure if I understand the reasoning behind the JIUL
faq answer 16, maybe it's targeted to bigger modifications (libraries,
new language features) where the author would like to have their *own*
copyright and license.  Small "porting" patches like the ones I've
posted should be compatible with both JRL and JIUL as far as I can tell
from reading both the actual licenses, at least as long as I'm willing
to give them away without any extra restrictions from my side.

   -   Arne H. J.