Diablo 1.5 SIGBUS

Richard Cooper ric at jonnycalcutta.com
Thu May 4 13:21:21 UTC 2006

Greg Lewis wrote:

> You did say bash was within your limits, and javavm is a shell script... :)

I guess the key phrase was 'about my limits' ;)

> A quick and dirty hack would involve something like this.  Every where
> it invokes tryJavaCommand (there are about 6 instances) you need to add
> -XX:+UseMembar.  That is, the lines look something like:
>
> tryJavaCommand "PATH_TO_JAVA_COMMAND" "${@}"
>
> make them
>
> tryJavaCommand "PATH_TO_JAVA_COMMAND" -XX:+UseMembar "${@}"
>
> You don't really need to change all six instances, but which to change
> depends on your usage pattern, so changing all 6 is safe.
>
> If that works you owe me two beers... ;)

That worked a treat, thanks. You can have several beers on me  - just
send the invoice.

The only reason I didn't reply earlier was because I bounced straight
into another problem which seems to be FreeBSD 6 related (bindexception
on port 8005, which seems to be down to IPv6 from the few snippets I can
find - but that's another email).

Thanks again,
Richard