Diablo 1.5 SIGBUS

Richard Cooper ric at jonnycalcutta.com
Wed May 3 14:54:49 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'm running tomcat on FreeBSD 6.1-RC with diablo -1.5.0.06.00 (this is
the current port as of today). This is on an amd64 X2 with SMP running.

I am getting the SIGBUS error that was mentioned back in April -

 > I was able to catch the SIGBUS in gdb once so far on a remote
 > multiprocessor system. There was some evidence that the use of
 > of the jvm argument -XX:+UseMembar will help correct the problem.
 > I wasn't readily able to reproduce the problem so I'm not sure
 > yet if this is the proper solution. Can those of you who are
 > getting the SIGBUS try this and see if it improves things?

It seems the problem has some kind of temporary fix at least. _My_
problem is I am no developer (bash and cgi are about my limits - I'm
setting up a load test machine for tomcat developers). So if someone
could be kind enough to  give me a quick step by step on how to execute
this solution I would be eternally grateful. I've looked in
/usr/local/bin/javavm, as it was suggested adding the above fix there,
but I wouldn't even know where to start.

Thanks for any help,

Cheers
Richard