Java crypto

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Mon Jun 19 19:57:48 UTC 2006

Hi Alex,

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 03:40:04PM +0200, Alex Dupre wrote:
> Is there a particular reason why the native jdk ports (diablo and jdk15)
> don't (build and) install the SunPKCS11 provider? Personally I've just
> hand-built the machine-dependent shared library libj2pkcs11.so and, in
> addition to machine-independent sunpkcs11.jar library, it works like a
> charm (tested with the OpenSC PKCS#11 library).

Thanks for asking about this.  Upon taking a quick look, I don't think
there is any particular reason.  My guess is that simply noone noticed we
weren't building it.  This isn't surprising given that it looks to me
like its not built on Solaris/Linux/Windows either, its simply extracted
from a zip file.  It also looks like the source code is also zipped up,
which makes it harder to notice its even there.

> Second thing: it could be useful to have a knob in all jdk ports to
> install the unrestricted security policy files, so that every update
> won't replace them.

I'd be happy to review patches :).

Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com