linprocfs and linux-sun-{jdk,jre}15

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Sat Jul 29 22:08:08 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 10:49:02PM +0400, Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> If I run 'java' (either directly or through the wrapper) under
> an unprivileged user with linprocfs mounted it hangs in
> a CPU hog. Truss shows continuous read(2) calls all
> with 'Permission denied' errors.
>
> If I unmount linprocfs and try again I get this error:
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack
> location - find_vma failed
> but everything works great after that.

The fact of the matter is that any errors that you get with the
linux-sun-jdk/jre is due to the linuxalator or the emulator/linux
ports. The linux-sun-jdk/jre is used mainly to bootstrap the native
build, after which the interest in getting any other functionality out
of it to work falls expontentially.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>