Q) eclipse 3.2 (Callisto)

Panagiotis Astithas past at ebs.gr
Thu Jul 20 16:56:58 UTC 2006

Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> * Yamada Ken Takeshi:
>
>> Do I  better wait for  another week or  so, or better  switch to
>> L*nx?  I am eagerly wating for any of information for two weeks,
>> but I could hear nothing that is very disappointing.
>
> Well, maybe the  maintainer for Eclipse 3.1 has  switched to Linux
> himself ;-)

Or even worse, Windows :-)

> Seriously, Eclipse 3.2  will be available when one of  us does the
> porting effort.  BTW  there is a PR in Gnats  about SWT 3.2, maybe
> it is needed to run Eclipse 3.2.

Precisely. When I started working on eclipse a few years ago, I was
scratching my own itch. Unfortunately, I can no longer spare my
(severely limited) free time for such an effort, so it will have to be
done by somebody else.

FWIW, I was planning to start the porting effort by reusing whatever I
could from the swt32 patches and the eclipse 3.1.2 ones. SWT has changed
from 3.2M4, but they should be useful, nevertheless.

Cheers,

Panagiotis