Apache Tomcat crash on 6.1

Joe Shevland jshevland at rowantreesoftware.com.au
Wed Jul 5 12:01:08 UTC 2006

Martijn Veening wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We installed a new server with FreeBSD 6.1 with Apache Tomcat 5.5 for
> our webapplication.
> However, in the first 36 hours, it crashed twice (diablo-jdk1.5.0_06).
> We then upgraded the JVM to the latest and the greatest version
> diablo-jdk1.5.0_07.
> It ran flawless for 30 hours, and then crashed again suddenly.
> By restarting the tomcat-instance manually it runs again for some time,
> but the crashes seem to appear at random.
>
> Below the log created by the JVM for detecting the 'unexpected error'.
>
> Is this a bug, or shoud we disable/enable some JVM-opts ?
> Thanx in advance
> [snip]
> CPU:total 2 family 15, cmov, cx8, fxsr, mmx, ht

It might not be relevant any more, you could try the -XX:+UseMembar in
the VM options for the diablo JDK; see

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2006-June/005414.html

for a semi-related pr discussion. That may've been made redundant with
_07 - I wasn't aware the diablo _07 port was out actually.

Cheers
Joe