Q) eclipse 3.2 (Callisto)

David Sledge dsledge at appriss.com
Tue Aug 15 18:31:37 UTC 2006

Yamada Ken Takeshi wrote:
>   I have a question with your eclipse.shar.
>
>   Callisto is supposed to load cdt/gef/... after installing the base eclipse 3.2 from update site "http://download.eclipse.org/callisto/releases".  However, if I try to update eclipse using "Software Update", this port returns "Resulting configuration does not contain the platform" and I cannot install these plugins from update site.
>   Is it because of my inappropriate installation or something missing?
>
>   I think that we do not need some of eclipse-* ports once we successfully port eclipse 3.2 Callisto - I mean that existing eclipse-* can remain as it is by strictly defining that they are for 3.1.2 ONLY.

I installed the visual editor from the "Software Update" site with its
dependencies "emf" and "gef" and it ran ok when testing with a simple
app. CDT installed and "standard make c project" seems to be working ok
but  "managed make c project" did not. After looking at it a bit more I
think it is still going to require a port.