J5EE + SJS Application Server PE 9

Martin Dames martin.dames at unb.ca
Tue Apr 18 23:44:31 UTC 2006

Hey guys,

I really appreciate your work for FreeBSD and Java integration. But I
am planning to develop as soon as possible with the new upcoming
release of Java Enterprise Edition J5EE. And I will need a Java
application server in conjunction with the new J5EE.  So, it is now
in development and will be released in fall this year.

I prefer UNIX and not Linux, but unfortunately I am considering to
change my server to a Linux distribution, because its supported by
Sun directly. I heard that the FreeBSD project has now an agreement
with Sun to ship Java native to FreeBSD.

My simple question would be: How long would it take to get native
access to J5EE and the SJS Application Server (Glassfish) for FreeBSD
if it released!

Thanks,

Martin.