new FreeBSD java binaries

Panagiotis Astithas past at ebs.gr
Fri Apr 14 08:04:48 UTC 2006

Scott I. Remick wrote:
> Thanks for taking a stab at my confusion, Jonathan. I'm almost clear. One
> thing still confuses me, though: if the diablo-jdk15 port was specifically
> created on 4/6 in order to provide a means to obtain the new BINARIES via
> the ports system, and caffe and latte are source tarballs while the ones
> labeled jdk and jre are the actual binaries, why does the diablo-jdk15 port
> use diablo-caffe (SOURCE) instead of diablo-jdk (BINARY)?

There is no source bundle downloadable from the FreeBSD Foundation. What
you can get is two different packaging formats. One suitable for pkg_add
and the other suitable for manual unpackaging or installation via the
diablo- ports. If you check the diablo-jdk15 Makefile you will see a
NO_BUILD=yes definition. It just extracts the tar file using cpio.

Cheers,

Panagiotis