Azureus 2.4.0.3 and Diablo JRE 1.5.0.06.00

Michael Vince mv at thebeastie.org
Tue Apr 11 13:47:28 UTC 2006

Daniel Engberg wrote:

>Hi,
>
>First of all I want to thank all who ported and made it possible to
>release Java 1.5 as binaries, it's really appreciated. Unfortunately
>Diablo JRE seems to have some issues with Azureus (Azureus2403-BX
>(I've tried several builds)), everything is fine until should be
>downloading pieces. Azureus doesn't report (console mode) any errors
>but nothing happens after you've connected to seeders and peers.
>Unfortunately I have no idea where start so any confirmation of this
>behaviour or troubleshooting hints would be helpful.
>The machine is running FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE #2: Thu Jan 26 18:56:33 CET
>2006 and JRE version of diablo-1.5.0_06-b00
>//Daniel Engberg

As far as I know there are threading issues with pthread and diablo try
using libc_r, put this in your /etc/libmap.conf file

[/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/]
libpthread.so           libc_r.so
libpthread.so.2         libc_r.so.6
#libpthread.so.2         libthr.so.2
#libpthread.so           libthr.so

Also its worth a shot to double check your permissions, maybe the Java
process just cant write files.

Mike