JDK binary without X

Artem Gr artem at bizlink.ru
Sun Apr 9 10:59:11 UTC 2006

> Some people just want to use it for a Tomcat server. A lot of people put
> something like 'export CATALINA_OPTS=-Djava.awt.headless=true'
> to disable it as its just extra things they don't have to worry about.

I don't think it necessarily disables x-org dependencies. It turns off
creation of windows and allows Java application to work without DISPLAY,
but a lot of x-org graphic routines might still be used.
"java.awt.headless" is used to do grapic in batch more. java.awt is
still heavely used in this mode.