JDK 1.4 on FreeBSD 5.4

Achilleus Mantzios achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com
Mon Sep 5 23:46:57 PDT 2005

O Arvind Nahata έγραψε στις Sep 5, 2005 :

> Hi,
>
> Can someone please point me to the steps to
> downloading, installing and using JDK 1.4 on FreeBSD
> 5.4?
>
> I have been trying to do the same in vain and am
> reaching some deadline for it.
>
> Any help, document, will be appreciated.
>
> I read on the site that because of licensing issues, a
> binary cannot be shipped and one has to compile/build
> one's own JDK. But steps to achieve the same aren't
> visibly available.

cd /usr/ports/jdk14
make install

Do exactly as the instructions from the above command say to you.
Also useful tip:
make sure you have a kernel compiled with linprocfs, linux
support.
if not kldload the above 2 modules.
Also:
do a mount -t linprocfs on /usr/compat/linux/proc

> Please help!
>
> Thanks!

-Achilleus