Help: Install JDK 1.5 on FreeBSD 5.4 AMD64

Tanya N kessler audiocollage at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 25 07:54:48 PDT 2005

Yeah, I tried to execute the command by hand in a script.  I just get some other different errors.  The thing is, I shouldn't have the first error.  If other people can install it, why can't I?  In theory this is what I'm trying to do on a fresh install.  Of course I'm having some problems with installing the new world, but once I get passed that maybe it will work?  If someone sees something that I'm missing, please point it out.

   Install FreeBSD 5.4 on AMD64.
   Create /root/current-supfile

*default host=cvsup7.freebsd.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
ports-all tag=.

src-all

   Update ports and source files.

# cvsup /root/current-supfile

   Create package database.

# pkgdb -F

   Upgrade installed ports.

# portupgrade -arR

   Rebuild world and kernel, boot in single user mode. GENERIC kernel will have all correct options for Linux binary support.

boot –s

# fsck –p

# mount –u /

# mount –a –t ufs

# swapon –a

# adjkerntz –i

# cd /usr/src

# make buildworld

# make buildkernel

# make installkernel

Reboot into single user mode (boot –s)

# fsck –p

# mount –u /

# mount –a –t ufs

# swapon –a

# cd /etc

# mergemaster –p

# make installworld

# mergemaster

# reboot

   Add to /etc/fstab:

linprocfs /usr/compat/linux/proc linprocfs rw 0 0

   Add to /etc/make.conf:

WITH_LIB32=YES

   Acquire all related Java source, binaries, and patch files.  Make sure they are all executable by user and group, then copy to /usr/ports/distfiles.
   Navigate to /usr/ports/java/linux-sun-jdk14.

# make

# make install

# make clean

# make distclean

   Test java:

# java -version

   Navigate to /usr/ports/java/jdk15.

# make

# make install

# make clean

# make distclean

Achilleus Mantzios <achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:
Have you tried jdk15 on FreeBSD 6.x??

Also if i were you, i'd ask some "popular" person from java at freebsd
to login to your machine and have a close look.

Also, what about the actual shell command that caused the execve() error??

--
-Achilleus