JDK1.5 and JBOSS 4.0.3 problem

Andreas Krebs akrebs at chronolabs.de
Tue Nov 15 08:03:54 PST 2005

Hi List,

when trying to build a webapp that uses JBOSS 4.0.3 with the
selfcompiled JDK1.5 on FreeBSD I get the following error:

[javac]
/data/trunk/ng.sources/ng.kernel/com/ng/common/security/integration/jboss/NGLoginModule.java:118:
abstract method
initialize(javax.security.auth.Subject,javax.security.auth.callback.CallbackHandler,java.util.Map<java.lang.String,?>,java.util.Map<java.lang.String,?>)
in javax.security.auth.spi.LoginModule cannot be accessed directly
[javac]         super.initialize(subject, callbackHandler, sharedState,
options);

this seems to relate to a bug in the JDK
(http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6178365) which was
solved a while ago. The same build works fine on Linux with Java(TM) 2
Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_05-b05) and on
Windows, so the problem obviously is with the JDK.

My guess is that the JDK1.5 SCSL sources are missing this (and maybe
other) fixes, since there hasn't been any changes in the SCSL sources in
months. Unfortunately I can't find any information on what version the
SCSL sources are based.

Any feedback is highly appreciated, if I can't find a solution I have to
use Linux which I'd like to avoid.
Cheers,

Andreas Krebs
Chronolabs GmbH