OS check fails on JDK 1.4 & FreeBSD 5.4R

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Sun May 22 20:47:01 GMT 2005

On Sunday 22 May 2005 11:40,  the author Scott I. Remick contributed to the
dialogue on OS check fails on JDK 1.4 & FreeBSD 5.4R:
& I just upgraded to FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE from 5.3-RELEASE and now JDK 1.4
& won't build. It fails the OS check for some reason:
&
& *** Error code 1 (ignored)
&
&  You must have a version of FreeBSD later than 4.7-STABLE
&  February 2003 or 5-CURRENT February 2003 to compile and
&  use JDK 1.4.2.
&
& *** Error code 1
&
& Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk14.
&
& I tried setting SKIP_OS_CHECK=1 but that didn't help any. Doesn't seem
& like anyone has run into this problem in a while so I don't know what I
& mucked up. :(
&
I recomend a make clean, make distclean, a cvs ports-all, portupgrade -a, and
portupgrade -rF  of the sdk-- mmy guess is you have some binary clashes..
David

&

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May bound for Europe via Panama Canal.