Fwd: Re: Java 1.3.1 Port Build Problem linux-sun-jdk-1.3.1.14_1

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Sun May 22 16:09:50 GMT 2005

Subject: Re: Java 1.3.1 Port Build Problem linux-sun-jdk-1.3.1.14_1
Date: Sunday 22 May 2005 08:37
From: Vizion <vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com>
To: "M. Goodell" <freebsdutah at yahoo.com>

On Saturday 21 May 2005 21:53, you wrote:
& Hello again . . .
&
& I have been digging into the "Error: can't find libjava.so." error and here
 is the problem. &
& The shell script /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.3.1/bin/.java_wrapper has no
 provisions for the path "amd64" and hence the failure. It looks for i386 and
 if not found it bails with the error. &
& it's looking more like we are going to have to go back to a 32bit FreeBSD
 or a linux system to make this work. This seems more and more like a hack to
 get this to work. I cannot afford to rely on a hack with this production
 system. I have to be able to trust it 100% My job (if I have one come
 Monday) and company are counting on me to make this work. &
& What are your thoughts?

why not go to the latest 1.4.* -- al the old stuff should work fine (I
 believe it is backwards compatible - but don't take my word for it --check
 that out on the sun site if you have any doubt - do not use 5 that is new
 but 1.4* is good) - I think you will find 1.4+ supports amd 64

glad to be able to help  -

david

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May bound for Europe via Panama Canal.