Eclipse 3.1M7

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Sat May 21 08:27:55 PDT 2005

On Saturday 21 May 2005 04:36,  the author Andreas Kohn contributed to the
dialogue on Eclipse 3.1M7:
& Hi,
&
& there is a new milestone of Eclipse available, 3.1M7. It looks like
& bigger parts of the build infrastructure have changed, and I'm thinking
& about how to port it. Is anyone else working on it currently?
&
& Actually, I think it would be easier to stop pretending that we are
& linux sometimes, and sometimes not, and instead create a bigger patchset
& which will add a complete freebsd OS definition. Perhaps our goal should
& even be to have freebsd added to the list of supported OS's, to reduce
& further porting effort for each new Eclipse code drop.
&
& What do you guys think?

makes sense to me -- otherwise, in the long term, freebsd will finish up with
only the devil's tunes in its repertoire!

&
& Regards,
& Andreas
&

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May bound for Europe via Panama Canal.