JDK 1.5 stability

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Mon May 16 21:19:16 PDT 2005

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 04:37:26PM +0200, Ivan Voras wrote:
> How stable is JDK 1.5 on 5-stable? Is anyone using it in production?
> How about for development (Eclipse, NetBeans)?

FWIW, I am using it for development on 5.4/amd64.  Its behaving well for
me at the moment.  I don't use either Eclipse or Netbeans though.

I don't have much feedback on how well it works under heavy load in a
production environment other than it has a problem on FreeBSD 4.x (which
there is a patch for).  I believe there were some folks using it
successfully in production on 5.x/amd64, although there are a couple of
gotchas with the build on amd64 at the moment.

Just remember this is patchset 1, its bound to have a few rough edges.

Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com