eclipse

Jiawei Ye leafy7382 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 17:53:33 PST 2005

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:40:51 -0800, Alex Varju <varju at webct.com> wrote:
> I've actually been fighting with getting Eclipse to compile for a few
> days now, and haven't gotten there yet.  Things seem to be going wrong
> in the native extensions, but I can't seem to get a decent stack trace
> out of it.
>
> Digging through the Eclipse code, it looks like they use different Java
> files for the native extensions when building Linux x86_64.
>
> I'll try to post my experiences in more detail later today.
>
> Alex.
Hi Alex,

I believe you cannot compile 32bit code into 64bit binary for SWT at
the moment. We need a direct port for SWT-3.0.x-linux-gtk-amd64 for
this to work at all.

FYI
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-swt-home/faq.html#gtk64

Best,

Jiawei
--
"Without the userland, the kernel is useless."
               --inspired by The Tao of Programming