settings

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Tue Mar 22 12:15:54 PST 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 01:32:58AM +0000, Chuck Robey wrote:
> Now that I finally have jdk1.5.0 built and installed, I have a single
> demo application, and even that one application only manages to give me:
>
> Error: could not find libjava.so
> Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.
>
> This is from the Argo uml application, and that's pretty vanilla, I
> think, so I have the jdk1.5.0 installed badly.  Can someone either give
> me another dmo appl, or even better, tell me what I have wrong with my
> installation ...
>
> One hint, the directory /usr/local/jdk1.5.0/jre/lib/amd64 is full of
> libs like libjava.so (yes, the same one as the error message) but none
> of them register in ldconfig -r, although they are on my LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> list.

The launcher sets up its own LD_LIBRARY_PATH, so what you have it set to
doesn't really matter.

Can you try:

env _JAVA_LAUNCHER_DEBUG=yes /usr/local/jdk1.5.0/bin/java -version

Part of the output should be where it thinks the JVM is.  Make sure this
looks correct.  You may also want to post the output so we can see what
it looks like.

Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com