settings

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Mon Mar 21 17:33:29 PST 2005

Now that I finally have jdk1.5.0 built and installed, I have a single
demo application, and even that one application only manages to give me:

Error: could not find libjava.so
Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.

This is from the Argo uml application, and that's pretty vanilla, I
think, so I have the jdk1.5.0 installed badly.  Can someone either give
me another dmo appl, or even better, tell me what I have wrong with my
installation ...

One hint, the directory /usr/local/jdk1.5.0/jre/lib/amd64 is full of
libs like libjava.so (yes, the same one as the error message) but none
of them register in ldconfig -r, although they are on my LD_LIBRARY_PATH
list.