java/jdk15 help

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Mon Mar 21 08:52:03 PST 2005

Damian Gerow wrote:
> I've noticed that a few people here have successfully gotten a native
> java/jdk15 built.  Can one of those people lend me a hand, please?
>
> I've installed linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.07_1, and worked around the wonky problem
> thrown by the jdk15 build.  But afterwards, all I seem to get is hung javac
> processes, each consuming 100% of CPU.

My own experience is close to yours.  I have 9 javacs, but I have 2
processors, and I think that has something to do with the fact that the
first javac is runnig at about 98%, and the second running about 95%,
but the others are all running at about 0%.

It's been nearly 24 hours now, and not even a single character of
output.  I'm beginning to thing that there is a bug in the jdk15 build.