building for amd64

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Sat Mar 19 09:09:03 PST 2005

Alexey Zelkin wrote:
> hi,
>
> It depends on linux-jdk14 which is running well under linux emulation
> for amd64.

Are you sure about this?  Both the Makefile and the pkg-descr are quite
insistent on the fact that its a i386 port, not a amd64 one, and I do
not want to turn this machine into a i386 lookalike, as far as libs and
I couldn't convince the uname anyways.  Nearly all software would
autodetect the arch and refuse to run.

  Recompile your kernel with COMPAT_LINUX32 and LINPROCFS