tomcat50ctl start arguments

Mipam mipam at ibb.net
Mon Mar 14 13:09:50 PST 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Kang Liu wrote:

> There are some PR(s) with patches which can solve your problem.
> e.g. http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=75143
> Now, I'm still working on this issue. If there is any good idea, please mail
> me.

Hmm, you're suggesting this:

tomcat50ctl start -server -Xmx128m

and tomcatctl is called from the script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d
However, wouldn't it be more wishful rename 020.jakarta-tomcat50.sh
to tomcat50.sh and have a variable in /etc/rc.conf like:
tomcat50_enable="YES" and
tomcat50_flags="-Xmx512M ...." for example?

and something in tomcat50.sh like:

# PROVIDE: tomcat50
# REQUIRE: NETWORKING SERVERS
# BEFORE: DAEMON
# KEYWORD: FreeBSD shutdown

name="tomcat50"
rcvar=`set_rcvar`

start_precmd="tomcat50_precmd"
etc etc.

This way it'll be more like the freebsd standard rc style.
Of course additional changes in the makefile have to be made to make this
work?
Bye,

Mipam.