problem patch 7 on 4.10

Vince Vielhaber vev at michvhf.com
Mon Mar 14 03:45:39 PST 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, kalin mintchev wrote:

> hi all..
>
> just updated the java ports. got patch 7 and the files from sun.
> i ran into this:
>
> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for jdk-1.4.2p7
> Ignoring previously applied (or reversed) patch.
> 1 out of 1 hunks ignored--saving rejects to
> ../../j2se/src/solaris/native/sun/awt/awt_Component.c.rej>> Patch
> patch-awt_Component.c failed to apply cleanly.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk14.
>
> on freebsd 4.10....
>
> what next?

When you updated your ports you didn't remove what was already there.
The version of the port that was already on your system contained a
few patches that are now in patch 7. I did that a couple of weeks ago
so you're not alone!

Solution:  Either rm -Rf the the entire ports tree and update it again
or just rm -Rf /usr/ports/java/jdk14 and update that port again.

Vince.
--
 Fast, inexpensive internet service 56k and beyond!  http://www.pop4.net/
   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com