jdk14 on 4.10 fails to patch

Vince Vielhaber vev at michvhf.com
Wed Mar 9 16:15:30 GMT 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Greg Lewis wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 02:10:48PM -0500, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> > I'm trying to build jdk14 from the ports.  I updated my ports tree
> > right before I started.  I have all of the necessary files but at
> > the beginning of the build I get:
> >
> > 1 out of 1 hunks ignored--saving rejects to
> > ../../j2se/src/solaris/native/sun/awt/awt_Component.c.rej
> > => Patch patch-awt_Component.c failed to apply cleanly.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk14.
>
> You need to ensure that the patchset you are using matches the port
> since it appears as though this isn't the case.  Certainly this patch
> no longer exists in the port.  I'd suggest updating your ports collection
> and using the latest patchset.

I was using patchset 7 and updated the ports tree with the ports
tarball I got Mar 3rd around 6pm localtime.  The makefile in the
port was dated Feb 18, 2005 20:09.  I re-extracted just the jdk14
port to a clean directory and compared the files subdir.  I now
see what was wrong - I should have done rm -Rf first 'cuze all the
old patch files were still there.

Vince.
--
 Fast, inexpensive internet service 56k and beyond!  http://www.pop4.net/