jdk14 on 4.10 fails to patch

Vince Vielhaber vev at michvhf.com
Wed Mar 9 11:10:46 GMT 2005

I'm trying to build jdk14 from the ports.  I updated my ports tree
right before I started.  I have all of the necessary files but at
the beginning of the build I get:

1 out of 1 hunks ignored--saving rejects to
../../j2se/src/solaris/native/sun/awt/awt_Component.c.rej
=> Patch patch-awt_Component.c failed to apply cleanly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk14.

but it did apply.  Here's the contents of awt_Component.c.rej:

***************
*** 1179,1185 ****
              }
              XtVaSetValues(to, XmNtraversalOn, True, NULL);
          }
-     } else if (from != NULL) {
          // disable the tree starting from uncommon part to 'from'
          if (parents_from[index] == parents_to[index]) {
              if (index == count_from - 1) {
--- 1179,1185 ----
              }
              XtVaSetValues(to, XmNtraversalOn, True, NULL);
          }
+     } else if (from != NULL && to != NULL) {
          // disable the tree starting from uncommon part to 'from'
          if (parents_from[index] == parents_to[index]) {
              if (index == count_from - 1) {

Now if I remove this portion from the patch, it applies but fails in
another place:

2 out of 2 hunks ignored--saving rejects to ../../deploy/make/Makefile.rej
=> Patch patch-deploy::Makefile failed to apply cleanly.
=> Patch(es) patch-awt_Component.c patch-common::Defs-bsd.gmk
patch-control::common::Defs-bsd.gmk applied cleanly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk14.

The experimental patchset has the same failure.

The version of patch is 2.1

I've dug around in the archives and don't see anyone else having these
problems and I can't believe I'm the only one trying to build it so it
must be something else.  Any ideas what's wrong?

Vince.
--
   http://www.meanstreamradio.com       http://www.unknown-artists.com
          Online radio: It's not file sharing, it's just radio.