ports/72014: Eclipse doesn't work (SigBus 10) if it has been built with GTK

Nicolas Le Scouarnec nicolasls at free.fr
Sun Jun 5 22:30:07 GMT 2005

The following reply was made to PR ports/72014; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nicolas Le Scouarnec <nicolasls at free.fr>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/72014: Eclipse doesn't work (SigBus 10) if it has been built with GTK
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 00:21:47 +0200

 Hello

 I made a mistake, Eclipse and GTK still not work if GTK is compiled
 while CPUTYPE is set to p4. In fact, it would have been surprising as
 gcc hasn't been upgraded since I got the problem. I'm using gcc (GCC)
 3.4.2 [FreeBSD] 20040728.

 I can give some more information, as the situation changed a little for
 me. I didn't try to use a lot Eclipse compiled with GTK (CPUTYPE=p4),
 but it seemed to work (before Eclipse crashed before I could see the
 main window) and only crashed when I tryed to see "Installed JRE" in the
 Java tab in the Preference window.

 So, this PR has to stay open. To be tested later.

 Sorry.

 --
 Nicolas Le Scouarnec