FreeBSD 4.11, native JDK1.5, SIGBUS, zip

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Thu Jun 2 06:42:13 PDT 2005

On Thursday 02 June 2005 05:25,  the author George Cox contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: FreeBSD 4.11, native JDK1.5, SIGBUS, zip:

>> > Another good reason for upgrading to Freebsd 5.x
>>
>> Actually there's a patch which should fix jdk15 on 4.x in tree.  Patchset2
>> is in progress, so it's better to wait few days.
>
>Alexey,
>
>Thank you for your informed input.  Others would do well to lurk awhile
>longer before voicing ill-informed "opinions", and trying to convince
>others of their universal correctness.

Everyone appreciates Alexey's many warm-hearted contributions to advancing
FreeBsd for all comers.

<chuckles> - you have to laugh when people provoke flames - you will go the
way you need to go and I wish you all the best. I am sorry that letting you
know how much I appreciated the the results of upgrading has had such an
impact upon you. If I had known in advance that you would have responded so
beligerantly to  my original short one liner I would have kept quiet.

Whilst it is not unreasonable to conclude that some of the difficulties with
the JDK is another good reason for upgrading on top of all the additional
features of 5.x., I would agree that how much additional weight it adds to
that initiative must be a matter of individual need and taste.

If you wish to aggressively define that conclusion about upgrading as
'ill-informed "opinions"' then who am I to object - after all  you are free
to express your contrary opinions, and make your own choice about the degree
of politeness and warmth applicable to that expression.

david
 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May/June bound for Europe via Panama
Canal.