intellij idea 4.5.3 install: java version mismatch

Alexey Zelkin phantom at FreeBSD.org.ua
Mon Jan 31 23:50:05 PST 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 02:08:55AM +0000, Emil Petkov wrote:
> I am using freeBSD 5.3 and I recently installed jdk-1.5.0p1 (also
> linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.06_1 which is a dependency).
>
> I was trying to install intellij idea 4.5.3  build 2250 (running ./idea.sh
> in {install home}/bin ) when I encountered an error. An excerpt follows:
>
> bash-2.05b$ cd /usr/local/src/idea-2250/bin
> bash-2.05b$ ls
> appletviewer.policy idea32.png          inspection24.png    log.xml
> degenerate.sh       inspect.sh          inspection32.png    log4j.dtd
> idea.sh             inspect_diff.sh     inspection48.png
> idea16.png          inspection16.png    libbreakgen.so
> bash-2.05b$ ./idea.sh
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack
> location

You've to enable and mount linprocfs in order to get rid of this
warning

> And immediately after that i get a gui message:
>
> Java Version Mismatch
>
> The JDK version is 1.4.2_06
> Idea requires JDK 1.4.2_04 under freeBSD

Please look for freebsd-java archive.  There's an option '-Dblabla' for
IDEA which disables strict JDK check.  I had a talk to IDEA developers
last year about it and they described reasons -- they needed some bugfixes
which were in _04 (or smth else) only, and implemented check.