[RFC] ia64/sparc64 jdk 1.5.0 ports?

Ian G iang at iang.org
Wed Jan 19 06:48:38 PST 2005

Alexey Zelkin wrote:

>Gentelmen,
>
>I'd like to listen about people opinion -- DO WE NEED ia64 and/or sparc64
>PORT OF JDK15 ?  Please take it as little survey, and post your thoughts
>privately or to mailing list.

Do you mean the Intel 64 bit architecture that
bombed?  If so, I vote NO.  My guess is that
sometime around mid 2004, Intel canned that
future in private and is migrating it out over time.

Same vote for Sparc64.  Not for my money.

( If you mean the AMD Opteron architecture, then
definately YES. )

iang

--
News and views on what matters in finance+crypto:
        http://financialcryptography.com/