Runaway javadoc durring Eclipse3 install

bryan.maynard at reallm.com bryan.maynard at reallm.com
Fri Jan 14 19:28:04 PST 2005

Hey all, I'm Running FreeBSD 5.3 STABLE and trying to install Eclipse 3.0.1 but
seem to be having some problems. . .
Eclipse and all it's dependancies built just fine (I used portinstall eclipse,
and went with all the defaults).  Mozilla 1.7 compiled and installed, all the
linux stuff compiled and installed (though I would like to stay away from the
linux dependancies if possible).

Everything is fine, up to this point:

gather.sources:
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/usr/ports/java/eclipse/work/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.source/src/org.eclipse.pde.ui_3.0.1
     [copy] Copying 1 file to
/usr/ports/java/eclipse/work/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.source/src/org.eclipse.pde.ui_3.0.1
     [copy] Copying 1 file to
/usr/ports/java/eclipse/work/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.source/src/org.eclipse.pde.ui_3.0.1
     [copy] Copying 5 files to
/usr/ports/java/eclipse/work/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.source/src/org.eclipse.pde.ui_3.0.1

update.feature:

all.children:

all.plugins:

properties:

init:

build.jars:

update.feature:

all.children:

install:

main:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /usr/ports/java/eclipse/work/result
    [mkdir] Created dir: /usr/ports/java/eclipse/work/tmp

init:

gather.bin.parts:

init:

buildDocZip:

all:

convertSchemaToHtml:

examplesDocCopy:

getJavadocPath:

generateJavadoc:
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/usr/ports/java/eclipse/work/plugins/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/api
    [unzip] Expanding:
/usr/ports/java/eclipse/work/plugins/org.eclipse.osgi/osgi/osgiJavaDoc.zip into
/usr/ports/java/eclipse/work/plugins/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/osgi
Killed
gmake: *** [build-install] Error 137
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/java/eclipse.

the [unzip] target ran for a while and then generated this error.  The strange
thing is that even after the process stopped my system was still sluggish - as
if it was still working.  So I ran top and saw that "javadoc" was still
running.  It wasn't hogging any recources, but it was still running.  I tried
killing it from top, but nothing happened.  Then I tried killing it from the
terminal with -TERM.  That didn't work so I used -INT, which stopped "javadoc"
from running.

My question is this: what is gmake: Error 137, and what can I do to fix this?

I am new, so if any more info is needed, please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Bryan