Java on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p5 | Applet "name.goes.here" notinited.

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Sat Feb 26 05:16:05 GMT 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 08:06:41PM -0500, c0ldbyte wrote:

[...]
> Info located @ https://berkeley.homeunix.net/JAVA/

There isn't any information here that would help us debug what's
happening.

> PS: I have tried the apps at the following places:
> http://dahmer.vistech.net/webssh
> http://hushmail.com/
> http://webssh.decf.berkeley.edu/orig/

What you need to do when the applet-load fails, open the browser's
"Java-Console" and post the output of that to the list. Incidentally,
I tried the last link you gave, and it worked fine for me under
Mozilla.

> Also I have gotten a error right on the system about not being able to
> create VM Object or something like that by using the java command on a
> jar file.

This sounds suspicious. You may want to provide th error verbatim to
the list.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>