Java on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p5 | Applet "name.goes.here" notinited.

c0ldbyte c0ldbyte at myrealbox.com
Wed Feb 23 15:23:33 PST 2005

Hey BSDer's/Java Artists ;).
 	Ive been using FreeBSD a while now and have been having some
problems using jdk1.4.2p7 on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p5. I have tried on
previous releases in the past on the 5.X-* Series of RELENG's and have
had no luck in getting the problem fixed which leads me to believe that
I have left something out of the system that is disabling me from getting
it going. Ive never had a problem with it on 4.X-* Series and the problem
has me swithching back and forth from 4 to 5 untill now when im tired of
doing so because of my studies of the 5.X-* branch and it has come time
to solve the problem more directly as some of my work is increasingly
depending on java apps. Someone told me once that I just had to recompile
firefox after installing jdk1.4.2p7 and then it would work fine, but halt
to that it did not work. So down to my last straw "You guys" what you
think I should do and how do I get there. Ive put up my httpsd with a
link in this email of where all the info is dumped at about the system
if anyone could take a look at it and reply to this list with my nick in
the re:subject line to help me get ahold of it faster would be greatly
appreciated. If there is anything missing within reason from the info
provided please let me know either by direct response or by list and Ill
add it as soon as possible so we can wrap this up.

Info located @ https://berkeley.homeunix.net/JAVA/

PS: I have tried the apps at the following places:
http://dahmer.vistech.net/webssh
http://hushmail.com/
http://webssh.decf.berkeley.edu/orig/

Also I have gotten a error right on the system about not being able to
create VM Object or something like that by using the java command on a
jar file.

Thanks again Guys/Gals, and hope all is well.
 	--c0ldbyte

       This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender
does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use
or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an
intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error,
please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.