Adding cacerts to jdk15

Alexey Zelkin phantom at FreeBSD.org.ua
Sat Feb 19 05:17:55 PST 2005

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 02:03:30PM +0100, Michael Reifenberger wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, Alexey Zelkin wrote:
>
> >Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 13:55:56 +0200
> >From: Alexey Zelkin <phantom at FreeBSD.org.ua>
> >To: Michael Reifenberger <mike at Reifenberger.com>
> >Cc: java at freebsd.org
> >Subject: Re: Adding cacerts to jdk15
> >
> >Why ?
> >

> Because without cacerts no SSL connection works.
> Its the same reason cacerts got added to java/jdk14

We are not adding cacerts for jdk1[34], but *replacing* it (because
of security problems).  JDK 1.5.0 was released *after* this problem
was found and fixed, so jdk15 is distributing with valid cacerts
file and there's no reason to do any manual interventions.

--
/* Alexey Zelkin             && Independent Contractor      */
/* phantom(at)FreeBSD.org    && http://www.FreeBSD.org/java */