java/68972: unpack crashes during make install of linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.05

Michel Lavondes fox at vader.aacc.cc.md.us
Mon Feb 14 15:33:22 PST 2005

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, Alexey Zelkin wrote:

> Synopsis: unpack crashes during make install of linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.05
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: phantom
> State-Changed-When: Fri Dec 24 08:44:40 GMT 2004
> State-Changed-Why:
> Do you still expirience this problem ?  If so, I'd suggest trying
> to install another linux_base port (preferably linux_base, v7.1)

Sorry for the late answer.

Currently using linux_base-8, tried with linux.ko and linprocfs loaded,
/compat/linux/proc mounted. No crash, but a problem brandelf-ing linux
executables. As I don't use the linux JDK anymore, I'm not going to spend
time documenting or investigating. You can close the bug report or do
whatever you do to dormant ones - I'll open another one if needed.

Thanks for checking, BTW.

"I'd ask if you'd found the right sort of isolated wasteland for your
citadel of dread yet, but that would be a silly question; you're in Utah,
after all." --ESR to Darl McBride (Chief Excessive Ossifier of Squandered
Clues Obstination), in http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/mcbride.html