sun jdk 1.4.2_02 and freebsd 5.2

Andrew Holt andrew.holt at 4asolutions.co.uk
Sat Feb 5 02:50:09 PST 2005

Hi,

I found you mail regarding java and FreeBSD.

I have installed diablo-jdk-1.3.1.0 on FreeBSD 5.2.1 when I run

/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.3.1/bin/java -version

I get

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.3.1/bin/java

Also in you mail you say

> An alternative is to install the Diablo JDK or JRE, which are
> pre-compiled native code, but only Java 1.3.1 and they have to run in
> FreeBSD 4.x compatability mode.

I am unclear what you mean by "FreeBSD 4.x compatability mode" I have
the compat4x package, is there something else I need to do ?

Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

Regards,
Andrew

Andrew Holt, Managing Director
4A Solutions Ltd.

Office : +44(0)1257 268351
Mobile: +44(0)7841 340608
email: andrew.holt at 4asolutions.co.uk

veritas vos liberabit -- The truth will set you free