is azureus finally okay?

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Sat Aug 27 00:26:23 GMT 2005

On Friday 26 August 2005 13:59,  the author Dan Nelson contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: is azureus finally okay?:

>In the last episode (Aug 21), Ion-Mihai Tetcu said:
>> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:50:41 +0200 anon <goatse at phreaker.net> wrote:
>> > I have used many bittorrent programs, Currently im using bittornado
>> > after using rtorrent (great program but crashing all the time) But
>> > Bittornado doesnt relly have all the good functions like a torrent
>> > queue for example...
>> >
>> > Anyway I have had freeBSD 5.3 and my runnings with azureus have
>> > always been troublesome, because azureus+freeBSD arent the best
>> > friends... last time I tried with 2.2.0.0 and jdk-14 it didnt work,
>> > only time it worked was when I tried an CVS nightbuild, with an old
>> > azureus version, like 1.4 ... but that crashed once in a while
>> > too...
>> >
>> > So im just wondering 1) is azureus, latest version from ports
>> > finally hassle/bug/crash free? and therefore 1 b) is jdk 1.5
>> > finally working and okay?  not just beta, or that I have to use
>> > linux 1.5 java
>>
>> Right now azureus won't compile because of the new eclipse version.
>
>I'm not sure why azureus requires eclipse at all.  I have a homemade
>port at http://dan.allantgroup.com/FreeBSD/swt-dan.tar.gz that builds a
>standalone libswt, and I just use the jar file provided on the azureus
>web site.  There are no source patches in the current azureus port, so
>it doesn't really make any sense to have to recompile it.

jdk 1.5 runs fine on Freebsd 5.3 I have been running it since first release
with no problem.

David

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.