Starting with freebsd

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Tue Aug 23 16:26:39 GMT 2005

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 05:11:27PM +0200, Joris Verschoor wrote:
> iirc the freebsd foundation arranged some sort of agreement with sun
> some time ago.

That is correct.

> Or was this only for an older version?

No, it was for all versions, although each new version requires approval.

> What is the state of this? And can we expect a package in the future?

The state is that noone has been able to devote the time and equipment
to running the newer JDKs through the test suites which is a prerequisite
for releasing a binary.  Once someone has the time and equipment to do
so a new binary package will be released.

> btw, how much does certification cost, and does it have to be payed
> every update release?

Sun were generous enough to not require a fee, since the FreeBSD Foundation
is a non-profit.

Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com