Starting with freebsd

Bill Vermillion bv at wjv.com
Mon Aug 22 14:59:25 GMT 2005

After replacing Phil Helms with a small shell script on
Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 08:52 , the following appeared on stdout:
> I assume there's some sort of license that allows Linux distros to
> include Java in compiled form.  If that's so, then what's preventing
> FreeBSD from having the same thing?  The difficulty of performing the
> test suite?

The cost involved.  Without a certified port approved by Sun,
all other have to compile it themselves and can not redistribute
the compiled version.

Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com