is azureus finally okay?

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Sun Aug 21 10:24:05 GMT 2005

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:50:41 +0200
anon <goatse at phreaker.net> wrote:

> I have used many bittorrent programs, Currently im using bittornado
> after using rtorrent (great program but crashing all the time)
> But Bittornado doesnt relly have all the good functions like a
> torrent queue for example...
>
> Anyway I have had freeBSD 5.3 and my runnings with azureus have
> always been troublesome, because azureus+freeBSD arent the best
> friends... last time I tried with 2.2.0.0 and jdk-14 it didnt work,
> only time it worked was when I tried an CVS nightbuild, with an old
> azureus version, like 1.4 ... but that crashed once in a while too...
>
> So im just wondering 1) is azureus, latest version from ports finally
> hassle/bug/crash free? and therefore 1 b) is jdk 1.5 finally working
> and okay?  not just beta, or that I have to use linux 1.5 java

Right now azureus won't compile because of the new eclipse version.

I'm using azureus with native jdk1.5 and it works better that it used
to work with 1.4; it still has a memory leak somewhere, but as long as
you have less that 100-150 torrents queued I have no big problems; it
usually crashes out-of-memory after 2-3 weeks of running.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"