ports/72014: Eclipse doesn't work (SigBus 10) if it has been built with GTK

Daniel Roethlisberger daniel at roe.ch
Thu Aug 18 01:30:26 GMT 2005

The following reply was made to PR ports/72014; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Roethlisberger <daniel at roe.ch>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, nlsn at free.fr
Cc: Oleg Sharoiko <os at rsu.ru>
Subject: Re: ports/72014: Eclipse doesn't work (SigBus 10) if it has been built with GTK
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 03:21:00 +0200

 Eclipse has been crashing on me at random intervals in the exact same
 way lately, always within random functions in GTK, using both native JDK
 1.4 and 1.5.  I built my ports with CPUTYPE?=pentium-m and CFLAGS=-O
 -pipe in /etc/make.conf.  Rebuilding only GTK without CPUTYPE?=pentium-m
 fixed the problem for me.

 This seems to confirm the earlier analysis by Oleg Sharoiko, and adds
 pentium-m to the list of CPUTYPEs which break GTK.

 This is FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p6 with gcc-3.4.2 and current ports tree
 (gtk-2.6.9, eclipse-3.1, jdk-1.4.2p7_1 and jdk-1.5.0p1_3)

 Daniel Roethlisberger