Please test the current 1.5 experimental patchset

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Mon Aug 15 20:48:20 GMT 2005

All,

We're close to the second 1.5 patchset, so I'd like to get it some wider
testing.  If you're able to test out the current experimental patchset
then that would be appreciated.  Simply go to

http://www.eyesbeyond.com/freebsddom/java/JDK15SCSLConfirm.html

and choose the Experimental patchset.  I don't currently have a patch
for the jdk15 port unfortunately, so you'll need to build it by hand.
Here is the environment configuration I'm using:

unsetenv LANG
unsetenv JAVA_HOME
unsetenv CLASSPATH
unsetenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
setenv ALT_MOTIF_DIR /usr/X11R6
setenv SKIP_COMPARE_IMAGES YES
setenv ALT_BOOTDIR /usr/local/jdk1.5.0
setenv ALT_MOZILLA_HEADERS_PATH /usr/X11R6/include

I've tested it on FreeBSD 4.11/i385 and 5.4/amd64, so I'd most like to
hear reports on 5.4/i386, 6.0/i386 and 6.0/amd64.

Its also been tested on OpenBSD 3.7/i386.  If you can test on
NetBSD 2.0.2/i386 that would also be appreciated.  If you're very keen
you might want to try the amd64 ports for OpenBSD and/or NetBSD but you
are likely to have to jump through some bootstrapping hoops to do so...

Thanks!

Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com