JDK specific classpaths

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Tue Apr 5 08:44:21 PDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 03:32:05PM +0200, Herve Quiroz wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 11:07:32PM +1000, Sam Lawrance wrote:
> That said, and until some volunteer starts working on improving
> javavmwrapper, I would go with method #2 (overridable JAVA_HOME).

The problem is that although javavmwrapper exports JAVA_HOME to its
children, we're wanting to use JAVA_HOME during its invocation.

While I don't think a full blown tool to print out JAVA_HOME is
necessarily warranted, it may be useful to have javavmwrapper do
some substitutions on the command line arguments it is given, e.g.
"s/%%JAVA_HOME%%/${JAVA_HOME}" in this particular case.  Presently
I can only see uses for JAVA_HOME and the version, so this should
be quite simple to implement.

Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com