problem with current linux-blackdown-jdk14

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Oct 18 14:53:44 PDT 2004

I directed this to znerd, listed as the port's maintainer and he wrote
back suggesting that I redirect this to java at freebsd.org

I haven't seen any mention of this looking through pr's, so I don't know
if I'm the only one with the issue or not.  (I also checked FreeBSD
forums and googlegroups, but have seen nothing.  Therefore, I am
reluctant to file a pr as it might be something that only I am
experiencing.)

Therefore, I thought I would start by writing to you.
The problem is that the current linux-blackdown-jdk14 crashes
linux-opera.  The older Makefile still works.  (from 2003/07/11)
This is running FreeBSD-5.3BETA7, fluxbox, the most current version of
linux-opera and the most current version of linux-blackdown-jdk14.  If I
try to go to a webpage using java, opera crashes.  Upon leaving X I see
the message

java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

I am not sure what the next step would be, or, indeed if it's just my
problem.

I have a copy of the older Makefile if it's of any use.  If I
deinstall the current port, and use the old Makefile, it works without
any problem.

I'm sorry for the lack of information.  I don't have the time to test it
with a number of different window managers, although I have a test box
at work that I can use.  (I actually need java for some work-related
things so at present, on this box at home I have the older, working
version installed.  However, if you need some tests run, I can slap it
on another box)

Thank you for your time and trouble

Most sincerely,

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Xander: Generally speaking, when scary things get scared, not
good.