JDK 1.4 build problem under 5.3 release - solution

Jonathan Belson jon at witchspace.com
Mon Nov 22 19:45:23 GMT 2004

Hiya

I just spent some time comparing configuration options between a stock
5.3 GENERIC kernel (which runs linux-sun-jdk just fine) and my local
kernel config file.

After a few iterations, I found the one option which makes or breaks the
port: _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING.  Without it, the VM locks up solidly;
with it, it works fine.

Does this fix the problem for anyone else? It could certainly be worth
adding a note in UPDATING and/or pkg-message in that case.

Cheers,

--Jon

http://www.witchspace.com