JDK 1.4 build problem under 5.3 release

Jonathan Belson jon at witchspace.com
Fri Nov 19 17:35:04 GMT 2004

> O Jonathan Belson Ýãñáøå óôéò Nov 19, 2004 :
>> > Oooppss...
>> >
>> > What the funk is
>> > devfs               1        1        0   100%    /var/named/dev
>> > ????
>>
>> As far as I know, devfs is a smarter replacement for the old /dev
>> directory.
>
> Sure...... but on /var/named????? DNS?? NAME SERVER??

BIND is run in a sandbox in 5.3.  Have a look at 'named_chrootdir=' in
/etc/defaults/rc.conf, and /etc/rc.d/named.

>> > Where is your *freebsd* /proc ???
>> > it should be like
>> > procfs on /proc (procfs, local)
>>
>> Hmm.  Should I have one with 5.3-RELEASE or has it Gone Away?

It seems /proc isn't mounted by default on 5.x for security reasons.

> Yes, this is far from a normal situation, and your system needs
> a little administration!

I'm guessing you haven't used 5.x :-)

> If you cant run linux java, then how will you compile native jdk??
>
> Is this the first time you installed FreeBSD???

If you mean: 'is it a clean install?', then the answer is yes.
If you mean: 'have I ever installed FreeBSD before?', then the answer
is yes, I've been using it since around 2.2.8 (I used NetBSD before that).

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Cheers,

--Jon

http://www.witchspace.com